STS jobs in entrepreneurshipPosted: 15 May 2011
Two academic job adverts in the field of entrepreneurship looking for a background in STS:
Karolinska Institutet is looking for a Senior Research Fellow at the department of Learning, Informatics, Management and Ethics (LIME).
Description of the work
Assignments comprise research (70 %) and teaching (30%) including supervision of master and PhD students within the area of bioentrepreneurship and innovation. The person applying for this position should be able to conduct independent research at the unit and will also have the opportunity to shape some of the research activities within the unit.
To qualify the applicant must:
- hold a doctor’s degree or a foreign qualification deemed equivalent to a doctorate within science technology studies, business administration, economics, engineering or sociology.
- have 2-4 years post-doc research experience, primarily in entrepreneurship and innovation.
- documented pedagogical skills and commitment to supervision and teaching.
- successful grant application record.
- publications in international peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- have documented skills in qualitative as well as quantitative research methods are strong merits as well as an understanding of research, innovation and commercialization within the life science/health care areas.
Deadline: 31 May 2011
And the second one at the University of Virginia:
Job: Lecturer, STS & business/entrepreneurship, Dept. of STS, Univ. of Virginia
Lecturer STS. Non-tenure track, part-time faculty position. One year with the possibility of renewal. The salary will be $30,000 in the first year. The Department of Science, Technology, and Society (STS) in the School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) at the University of Virginia seeks to hire a person with research and teaching experience in science, technology and society studies beginning Fall, 2011. We are especially interested in candidates whose interests integrate STS, business, and entrepreneurship or candidates whose work focuses on technology policy. The candidate will be expected to teach two courses in the fall and three in the spring. This teaching load will qualify the incumbent for health insurance benefits. The UVa STS Department is an interdisciplinary unit that provides undergraduate courses for engineering students and undertakes research focused on science, technology, society, ethics, and policy. All undergraduate courses have STS, communications, and ethics components. A Ph.D. in STS or a related field is preferred. Please submit a letter of application, CV and contact information for 3 references. These materials must be submitted online at https://jobs.virginia.edu under Posting Number 0607718.
Review of applications will begin on June 10, 2011 and the position will remain open until filled.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.